Monday, September 21, 2009

The 4 Travelers


I realized today that I never actually established who the four guys traveling with us are, and what our goals are for that matter. So this is me playing catch up. Let's go alphabetically and start with Alex.
ALEX, is one of my best friends from high school who lives in New York City. When I presented him with this brilliant idea he seemed interested but not overly enthused. I didin't talk to him about it again until I received a call from him on the last day of sales for "All you can Jet" passes, telling me he purchased his pass. Ale
x has made his objectives for this trip abundantly clear. He intends to tan his body beyond the point of racial distinction. He calls this his "Quest for the perfect tan."



JOHN, is my old roommate from prep-school in New Jersey. I only point out the location of the prep school because John embodies everything that is New Jersey. He played football at
Rutgers University and knows more fun facts about the state of New Jersey than any human being should know. When starting a conversation with a new person, he is guaranteed to ask "So what do you think about New Jersey?", within the first four questions. He is genuinely one of the best people I know. And from what I can tell his goals for this trip are simple. Dancing, romancing, singing and prancing. I don't how much validity there is to that, but I wanted something that rhymed.


NICK, is just awesome. He's the youngest of the bunch, but has arguably the most positive attitude out of all of us. I met Nick living in LA and we soon began writing and directing short films together. He's one of the most creative guys I know and when we decided to take this journey he immediately started spitting out brilliant ideas. Nick goals for this trip are quite similar to mine, to produce an entertaining and thought provoking film.


ME (Mike). The second I heard about this promotion I said to myself "I have to do this." It was one of those moments of clarity when I just realized it had to be done. Sort of like when Ferris woke up that morning and decided he was
going to have an amazing day off. Or like when Clark Grizwald realized that he had to take his family to Wallyworld no matter the cost. It was one of those "she will be mine" moments from Wayne's World. I was destined for this. So I rallied the troops and here we are. 13 days into the grea
test trip of my life. My goal is document the journeys we embark on and stories that we create. It is to meet interesting people and learn about life in the process. My goal is to grow as a person while getting some of it on camera. I can only imagine what the second leg of this trip has in store, but I await it eagerly.

-Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment